EU-BALTIC SEA REGION LEVEL
- Adopt a non-prescriptive, performance-based, cross-sectoral approach in the HELCOM BSAP and EUSBSR to increase measure effectiveness and multiple benefit provision in national/ sub-national programmes of measures (RDP, RBMP, and FRMP).
- Identify spatially differentiated water management priorities at the BSR level (NVZ, river basins with high flood risk, river basins not meeting “good water status”).
- Consider the effects of climate change when setting nutrient loading, flood reduction and “good water status” targets in the HELCOM BSAP and EUSBSR.
- Define policies and programmes of measures (RDP, RBMP, and FRMP) that target multiple policy objectives and ecosystem services provision.
- Ensure legal equivalence for RDP, RBMP, and FRMP in national legislation and equitable access to national funding.
- Incorporate a river basin or catchment-based approach to programmes of measures within the RDP, based on water management priorities identified in the RBMP, and FRMP and at the BSR, level (priority landscapes, river basins not meeting “good water status”, high flood risk areas, NVZ).
- Consider the effects of climate change in the RDP, RBMP, and FRMP when defining nutrient loading, flood reduction and “good water status” targets and measures.
- Define programmes of measures (RDP, RBMP, and FRMP) targeted at multiple objectives and ecosystem services provision.
- Define landscape or river basin-based programme of measures within local plans and strategies.
BSAP - Baltic Sea Action Plan;
BSR - Baltic Sea Region;
EAFRD – European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development;
ESIF – European Structural & Investment Funds;
EUSBSR – European Union Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region;
FRMP – Flood Risk Management Plan;
NVZ – Nitrate Vulnerable Zone;
RBMP – River Basin Management Plan;
RDP – Rural Development Programme;